- To really cut down on time, cut all your veggies ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- 10 minutes
- 6 – 8 people
- 1 head organic cabbage white or red
- 1 large organic purple onion
- 1 large organic carrot
- 2 – 3 large lemons
- 1 cup packed of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and slice each quarter into very fine slivers until the whole cabbage is shredded. Rinse and strain. Place in an extra large mixing bowl.
- Slice the onion into super fine slivers and add to the bowl.
- Using a potato peeler, remove the skin from the carrots. You can “chop” the carrot using the peeler to speed up the process and get thin carrot shavings.
- Chop the cilantro into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and add to the bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and mix.
- Taste test and add more seasons if desired. You can also add slivered almonds, sesame seeds, mint, parsley or a hefty dollop of tahini to the mix.