According to NaturalNews, one cup of pumpkin contains seven grams of dietary fiber, providing the body with an excellent means to aid digestion, improve bowel function, relieve both constipation and diarrhea, lower LDL cholesterol levels, and help with weight loss.
One cup of pumpkin contains 50 calories and one gram of fat. So combined with it’s high fiber content, it’s the perfect food to include in any weight loss program.
Click here to watch Moira Kaye and I make Curried Pumpkin Soup
WEIGHT LOSS PUMPKIN CURRY SOUP
-To really cut down on time, cut all your veggies ahead of time and store in the fridge.
6 – 8 people
1 large organic white onion
3 cloves of garlic
3 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 cans of organic pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie mix)
half a can of organic coconut milk
1 box or 32 fl. oz. of organic vegetable broth
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of cinnamon
3 tsp cumin
1 – 2 teaspoons sea salt
1. Chop onions, garlic and ginger.
2. In a large pot bring coconut oil to medium high heat add the veggies and saute until brown.
3. Add both cans of pumpkin, vegetable broth, spices and coconut, stir and bring to a boil.
4. Once at a rolling boil bring to low and let simmer for 5 min.
5. Serve piping hot with a drizzle of coconut oil and fresh parsley for garnish.