Oh no! Not the flu.
As healthy as I am I still got the flu. Crap.
But what does a Health Coach do when she gets the flu? Well I’m happy to tell you! Watch below.
HEADS UP: If you have the flu and your symptoms are getting progressively worse or you’re running a fever for more than 2 days please, please, please see a doctor. No one needs to be a hero. Just do it. OK?
Phew! Now that that’s out of the way let me tell you about some of nature’s most amazing and powerful remedies. I myself used this protocol when I was sick and have recommended it to my mom and good friends. It can knock out your flu in 24 – 48 hours.
1. At the first sign of sickness or fatigue start drinking TONS of water. Water helps to flush toxins out of the body and helps keep your cells hydrated and healthy.
2. Immediately cut out bread like carbs and all sugars from your diet. Viruses and bacteria love these things and will proliferate cheerfully if you give them what they want.
5. Oil of oregano “is arguably the most potent and effective antimicrobial in the essential oil family and is 26 times more effective at targeting and destroying harmful pathogens than even the most powerful conventional products used to treat and sterilize things like hospital equipment.” (1) So you will want to take 1 drop in a glass of water or juice every 2 hours. The taste is horrid so if you can’t see your sick self taking it grab these capsules instead.
6. For adults, begin taking 500mg of Vitamin C every hour for a total of 5000 mg daily. I like this chewable version from American Health.
7. Chestal from Boiron will help to break up that mucous and get it out of your lungs.
8. REST damn it!
That’s it! Having worked in the Whole Body department at Whole Foods Market, I was able to learn a ton about these natural remedies but I also adapted this protocol from a great blog called Wellness Mama and thought I would share it with you.