Day 6 Holistic, Minimal Skin & Body Care
This is day 6 of a 7 day challenge which is an excerpt from my upcoming ebook. I’ve pasted it here for you.
Look at you. Lookin’ good.
I love talking about wellness in any form. So today is all about how to take care of your temple in all its glory.
Did you know that the beauty industry is a multi-billion-dollar industry? And that it spends billions on ads per year marketing products to us that don’t require any kind of regulation?
What you don’t hear from the cosmetics industry.
What’s interesting to me is that in all these ads for shampoo, soap, deodorant, face cream, and toothpaste you never once hear anything about the skin being your bodies first line of defense.
You never hear that beauty starts with what we eat, think, and drink. You never hear anything about sugar causing premature aging or anything about how make-up used over years destroys your skin.
Your skin is a part of your immune system and what happens on the outside is an indicator of what’s going on inside.
What you put on your body gets absorbed by the body. So we need to rethink body care entirely and get back to our natural roots because in fact, these ancient methods are far more effective.
And the best part?
They’re less expensive and you need less of them. Minimal, holistic skin care at its finest.
I’ve learned that, for me, effective skin care doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. I’m now using handful of products that Bri recommends with pure, natural ingredients that provide the results I want.
I’ve also learned that prevention is the best medicine for healthy skin. It’s much more difficult to cure wrinkles and sunspots than to avoid them in the first place by nourishing your body and skin and protecting it from the elements!
Lest we think this purely about beauty, let me share some facts with you:
- women absorb 5 pounds of chemicals through their skin a year
- the word “perfume” or “fragrance” can legally contain up to 200 undisclosed or proprietary ingredients
- there is no regulatory body that monitors what chemicals are allowed in any skin or body care product in the US
- Over 2,000 ingredients that are banned in the European Union are used today in skin and body care products in the US
- Many of those 2,000 ingredients are known carcinogens (cancer causing) and endocrine disrupting (messes with your genes and hormones)
This must end. And though we can’t change the industry overnight, we can make a decision starting today to never put any harmful products on or in our body again.
Some of the products I use:
Products mentioned in the video:
- Giovanni Bar Soap
- Dessert Essence Shampoo
- Rose Water
- Aura Cacia Rosehip Seed Oil
- Schmitd’s Natural Deodorant
- Visit www.skindeep.org and do some research on the skin and body care products that you’re currently using. If the rating on your products is low, toss the product.
- Pick up some of the products I recommend by visiting each link and begin to care for your body in a whole new way. Here’s a coupon for $10 off your first purchase. You’re welcome!