Did you know broccoli is one of the absolute healthiest foods that you can eat?!
I know! Who knew…
Broccoli is super high in Vitamin C and steaming preserves all that immune boosting potential. Broccoli is a great cancer fighting and anti-aging food. It’s also awesome for women’s health.
In fact, this whole dish contains ingredients beneficial for women’s health. Miso paste is recommended for preventing breast cancer, garlic contains over 50 naturally occurring antibiotics, and sesame seeds are rich in calcium which is a key mineral in building strong bones.
Not only that, miso contains tons of pro biotics and enzymes beneficial for good health and digestion. I love this simple and easy dish because it’s so savory but so good for you too. You can’t go wrong.
Steamed Broccoli with Sesame Miso Sauce
Cook time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 – 4
- 1 large head of organic broccoli
- 1/2 cup of organic red miso paste
- 1/2 cup of Joyva Sesame Tahini
- 2 oz. of purified water
- 1 – 2 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 tbsp of Eden Organic Seaweed Gomasio or Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle
- Clean and rinse all your broccoli and strain in a colander.
- Cut about 1 inch off the bottom of the steam and put in your compost.
- Cut broccoli into 1/2 inch or inch pieces. Use all the steams and florets! They’re really good for you.
- Place broccoli pieces in a stainless steel steamer basket in a large pot.
- Steam for 5 minutes or until bright green. Try not to over cook your broccoli so you don’t destroy all that Vitamin C.
- While your broccoli is steaming, place miso, tahini, garlic and water in a food processor and blend until smooth. You don’t even have to remove the garlic “paper”. The papery thin garlic shell actually has tons of immune health benefits and keeping it on saves you time. (Add more water to the sauce if you need to.)
- Remove broccoli from steamer and place in a large serving bowl.
- Pour sesame miso sauce over the broccoli and toss to cover evenly.
- Sprinkle gomasio or Bragg’s over the top and serve!