Spring is the perfect time to naturally slim down.
Nature provides every kind of food imaginable (see the shopping list below) to help you let go of excess stored fat and toxins from the winter hibernation. Fresh greens, sprouts and veggies are all around. Eat from the Spring shopping list to really see the maximum health benefits of this cleansing season.
- 12 oz. of Asparagus
- 1 Cup of Organic Short Grain White Rice
- 1/3 Cup of Slivered Almonds
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley
- 2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 Cups of Organic Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons of Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, soak the rice in purified water while you’re preparing everything else.
- Clean the asparagus and chop the bottom inch and discard. Chop asparagus into 2 inch sections.
- Place the chopped asparagus in a medium or large pot, cover with purified water until just submerged; place on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes or until just tender. Try not to over cook the asparagus because you’ll be sauteing it in another step.
- Once the asparagus is boiled, drain the water and set aside.
- Strain and rinse the rice. In a medium pot, toast the rice lightly on medium heat until the residual water has evaporated NOTE: Be very careful not to burn the rice.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce to a simmer, keeping an eye on the rice until all the water is absorbed. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- Once the rice is nearly cooked, add the fresh minced parsley and mix together well.
- While the rice is cooking saute the asparagus, minced garlic and pink Himalayan sea salt on medium heat using the coconut oil for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl dish up a beautiful cup of rice, lay about half or a third of the asparagus on top and drizzle with fresh olive oil if you like! Enjoy.