I’m over this #pandora winter storm!
If you live anywhere near the east coast, I bet you’re ready to get warmed up, nourished and comforted.
There can be a tendency to carb load while hibernating. Don’t beat yourself up about it, just grab a your best pal and start chopping some veggies to make this ultra happy lentil stew!
Lentils are a great choice for Easter but they’re also wonderful to restore your frazzled adrenals and thyroid from all this cold, cold weather. Lentils are rich in B vitamins and minerals and are also an amazing source of fiber. Yummm!
This killer stew has loads of top notch nutrients to give you energy, clarity and grounding. All the spices combined with a rainbow of colors are sure to fill in any gaps you may have missed while riding out the snow!
To make the Lime Dill Creme blend 4 tbsp of Greek Yogurt, 1 tbsp raw honey, 1 tsp sea salt, juice of 1 lime, 1 tsp fresh dill, and 1 tsp fresh cilantro in a food processor.
8 – 12
- 2 cups of organic diced sweet potato
- 3 organic medium tri-colored carrots
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 of one organic yellow onion
- 3 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 cup of French green lentils
- 4 cups of organic low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil first cold pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- dice sweet potato and carrots into small cubes and set aside
- finely chop ginger, onion and garlic
- on medium heat, saute ginger, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until just brown
- add the carrots and sweet potato and saute the entire mixture for about 2 -3 minutes 0r until tender
- add pink Himalayan sea salt, curry powder, ginger, lentils and broth to the pot
- bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover
- cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until the liquid is completely absorbed
- serve up warm with fresh chopped lime and a dollop of Lime Dill Creme