There’s nothing I love more than breakfast. It’s my favorite meal of the day. And Christmas morning is the ultimate time of year to have a large, lovely and healthy breakfast.
You will feel so grounded, filled without being stuffed and ultra cleansed from all the glorious greens and gut friendly sauerkraut. This is the perfect meal to have when you want to feel nourished and full of energy!
The first time I tried this recipe I was smiling from ear to ear and bouncing off the walls with happy energy. Plus my digestion was in tip top shape after only a couple of days of eating it for breakfast.
I adore this warming breakfast and share it with all my clients!
- 1-2 Eggs(pastured raised, free range organic if possible)
- 1 Cup Organic Lacinado Kale (But you can use any dark leafy green like collards, spinach, Swiss chard , or even broccoli)
- 1/2 small to medium organic SweetPotato (I also love Japanese sweet potatoes or even garnet yams)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw Sauerkraut (I prefer Bubbies if you’re buying store bought, but you can easily make you’re own)
- Pink Himalayan Crystal Salt
- A drizzle of Olive or coconut Oil & Ground Pepper to taste
In a large pot with about an inch of water, place sweet potato cubes in a steamer basket, cover and steam for about 4 minutes or until tender.
In a small pot, place 1 – 4 eggs (if serving for a guest) and cover with water until the eggs are not quite submerged. You want enough water to cover the eggs, but not too much that the water takes too long to boil. Turn the eggs on high heat.
As soon as the eggs come to a rolling boil, put on timer for 1 minute (longer if you like cooked yolk).
At this point you’ll also want to place the bite sized pieces of greens on top of the sweet potatoes. Steam until they are vibrant green and tender (The sweet potatoes should be done at the same time).
When the timer is up, remove the eggs from heat and place them under cool running water to stop them from over cooking.
Once you get the hang of this, your greens, sweet potatoes and eggs should be ready at about the same time!
Assemble your plate! Crack the eggs and place on plate with greens, sweet potatoes, and 1-2 tablespoons of sauerkraut. Sprinkle eggs and
veggies with pink Himalayan crystal salt. For additional flavor, drizzle some olive oil and add freshly ground pepper!