Today we’re going to be covering the 3 areas that are most overlooked in your capsule wardrobe, but when given some TLC can make you look and feel amazing. The devil is in the details they say and it’s those little things that we do that put the finishing touches on our looks and outfits.
I’ve compiled a really solid list of items I think you’ll love. 80% of the items I’ve linked to are ethical brands. Enjoy!
I believe that there are a few classic shoes that nearly every woman can pull off and that can never go out of style. These are the kinds of shoes you see again and again no matter what year it is.
Shoes are one of those key items in any wardrobe that can take an outfit to the next level.
Classic footwear items you need:
- Black leather or suede ballet flats
- Strappy leather flat sandals in a natural leather or suede
- Espadrilles in any complimentary color
- Wooden clogs in a complimentary color
- Pumps/high heels for formal occasions
- Leather or suede ankle boots with a low heel
- Short ankle rain boots
- Black, navy, or cream tennis shoes
- Work out shoes in black or neutral color
When it comes to jewelry focus on the essentials, not the trendy, costume pieces. I’m a more sentimental jewelry wearer and have become more so over the years. If it doesn’t hold significant meaning for me, I’m not really choosing it.
I don’t wear earrings or a watch at all. But have considered getting my ears re-pierced and I’m looking for that perfect watch with classic minimal style.
My day-to-day jewelry consists of one gold necklace that was my mom’s and my wedding rings. That’s it!
Here are some basic and classic items I think work for everyone. You can add subtract and mix it up as you need to.
Classic jewelry items you need:
- A watch. Stick to classic colors, and materials, or go digital and get the iWatch.
- A simple gold or silver chain necklace with or without a pendant. You could have a combination of all of these. Choose length based on your bust.
- Statemint ring in gold or silver, with or without jewels
- Simple studs in gold, silver, diamond, pearl, or with jewels
- Simple hoops or chandelier earrings in gold, silver, diamond, pearl, or with jewels
- Bracelet in leather or matching necklace, earring, and ring, choices
Although panties and bras are an important part of getting dressed for us ladies, they aren’t the only kind of underwear I’m thinking of.
Undergarments are one thing I believe gets overlooked quite often. Depending on where you live, having a good set of camisoles, bra supported camisoles, and long underwear could be really important.
But! One very important way to instantly feel more confident is to invest in sexy, classic underwear, bras, and lingerie.
Classic undergarments you need:
- Flesh tone, black, and white camisoles
- Flesh tone, black, and white cotton panties for everyday wear
- Flesh tone, black, and white cotton or other bras for everyday wear
- Silk thermal top and long johns
- Sexy lingerie set in black, red, or color for your palate
- Silk, linen, cotton, or cashmere dressing robe in black, white, or color for your palate
- Silk, linen, or cotton matching pajama set with top, pants, and shorts
This is a dream list. The purpose of creating this list of items for you is not to overwhelm you but to inspire you to think about all the little ways you can surround yourself with beauty. It may take months or years to build up to this capsule wardrobe. I’m still in the process of doing this myself. Go at your own pace and take your time if you need to.
There is no rush to get these items, but I’ve tried to think of everything a working and busy woman might need in any given season.