Day 1 – Poop Like A Rockstar
Taking Care of Basic Bodily Needs
This is day 1 of a 7 day challenge which is an excerpt from my upcoming ebook. I’ve pasted it here for you!
Let’s dive right in!
Why start off a 7 day series by talking about such a sensitive topic? Well, in talking with my clients, friends, and family I’ve discovered that this is the main health struggle they have and most of them didn’t even realize it until we talked.
This is a very personal topic for me too, because I was introduced to antibiotics at the age of two and this set me on a course for poor digestive health for years. I struggled with acne, weight imbalance, bloating, and constipation until I learned all that I’m going to share with you.
If you want to have clear, beautiful skin, better moods, improved immune system or want to balance your weight without a lot of effort – then you need to pay attention to your digestive health first.
Sign up here so you don’t miss any of the 7 days.
Let me tell you a story about one of the girls from my book, let’s call her “Sharon”.
Sharon is a hard-working, self-employed business woman who is recently married and has a lot going on. She was telling me about a recent visit with her family where she was so uncomfortable and couldn’t go to the bathroom for several days in a row. It wasn’t until we talked that she realized what a big problem this was for her.
She had just accepted it as her “normal”.
“I’ve never really had regular pooping habits. Pooping has always been something I thought of as a necessary evil in life and I would have actually preferred to do it as little as possible.
It was only when I started working with Brianna that I began to understand just how important and amazing this bodily function is.
I am now pooping more regularly and feeling great about it. I think that’s the biggest thing for me is recognizing when your body is healthy and taking steps to continue building that health.”
Why is elimination important?
- It’s the main way our body removes waste, fat, and toxins
- It’s an indicator of other health factors like the health of our vital organs, and our hormones
- It balances our weight and increases our energy when are regular
- Elimination and digestion should be the first thing addressed when talking about health.
How much should I be going?
1 – 3 times a day depending on your constitution. 1, bare minimum, 2 is ideal. No more than 3 times a day unless you’re on a cleanse or detox system.
Why aren’t I going?
- Your stressed; stress affects your microbiome and hormones
- You’re deficient in magnesium
- Your hormones are out of whack
- Eating a cold breakfast like smoothies, juices, and cereal
- You aren’t getting enough physical activity
- Sit at a desk all day
- Don’t drink enough pure, toxin free water
- Not getting enough raw vegetables like dark leafy greens in your diet
- Your gut health is shot from drinking too much coffee, soda, alcohol and eating too many processed foods, taking meds, and smoking
- You’re eating too late at night
- You’re not squatting
How to go more regularly?
- Reduce stress
- Get a magnesium oxide supplement
- Take a probiotic with meals
- Eat: fermented foods, red foods like beets, raspberries, apples, strawberries, eat dark leafy greens like kale and collard greens
- Work with a Health Coach to balance hormones
- Eat a warm breakfast like oatmeal or steamed veggies
- Move your body like walking, jogging, jumping jacks, or lunges
- Get a standing desk
- Drink more pure and toxin free water
- Cut out all processed foods, especially soda
- Stop eating past 7:00pm
- Use a squatty potty to help get the right position for going
Your assignment for today is to bring a new awareness to your Digestive Health and elimination.
Take an inventory and see which of these factors might benefit you. Feel free to ask me any and all questions; I’m happy to respond to each and every email I get or you can leave a comment below! You have to use this knowledge. Apply it and you will see a difference. I’m so excited for you and I can’t wait to see you tomorrow for Day 2!
PS – Sign up below to get the entire 7 day series + a special bonus that I’ll only offer via email!