Chickpea “Potato” Salad
-You can use a food processor if you have one. If not, mix all ingredients in a large bowl using a potato masher or large fork.
4 – 8 people
1 lb can Eden Organic Garbanzo beans
1 – 2 cups Vegenaise
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup of finely minced onion
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp dill
1 tbsp salt
fresh black pepper to taste
juice from one lemon
1. Rinse garbanzo beans through several passes of water, drain and place in large mixing bowl.
2. Finely chop parsley and onions and set aside.
3. Mash garbanzo beans until roughly broken down.
4. Add Veganaise, lemon juice, chili powder, dill, salt and pepper and mix together.
5. Add parsley and onions and mix again.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Great substitute for Potato salad or great as a dish all its own. Pack some for lunch or use as a side at dinner. Have it with pita bread as a snack, with avocados on sprouted tortilla, or make a sandwich!